Dayong Yang, Ph.D, Professor
Frontier Science Center for Synthetic Biology, Key Laboratory of Systems Bioengineering (MOE), School of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Tianjin University, Tianjin, 300350, P.R. China.
Lab website: http://yanglab-dna.com/
Dayong Yang is a Principal Investigator at Tianjin University. He received his BS and MS degrees at Huazhong University of Science and Technology in 2002 and 2005, respectively. In 2008, he received PhD degree at the National Center for Nanoscience and Technology. He did postdoctoral training at Cornell University in USA and Radboud University Nijmegen in Netherlands. In 2015, he joined in the School of Chemical Engineering and Technology of Tianjin University as a full professor. The themes of his research include DNA-based materials, bio- functional polymers, cancer imaging, diagnostics and therapeutics, and synthetic biology.
Research Interests: 1) functional materials made from DNA; 2) bio/nano- systems for bio-imaging, diagnostics, therapeutics, food safety detection and environmental protection; 3) cell-free synthetic biology.
1) Feng Li+, Jianpu Tang+, Jinhui Geng, Dan Luo, Dayong Yang*. Polymeric DNA Hydrogel: Design, Synthesis and Applications. Progress in Polymer Science, 2019.
2) Feng Li+, Wenting Yu+, Xue Zhang, Xiaocui Guo, Xihan Xu, Xiaolei Sun, Dayong Yang*. Preparation of Biomimetic Gene Hydrogel via Polymerase Chain Reaction for Cell-Free Protein Expression. SCIENCE CHINA Chemistry, 2019.
3) Huaixin Zhao+*, Gang Shu+, Jinye Zhu, Yanyan Fu, Zi Gu, Dayong Yang*. Persistent Luminescent Metal-Organic Frameworks with Long-Lasting Near Infrared Emission for Tumor Site Activated Imaging and Drug Delivery. Biomaterials, 2019.
4) Ye Yuan, Zi Gu, Chi Yao, Dan Luo*, Dayong Yang*. Nucleic acid-based functional nanomaterials as advanced cancer therapeutics. Small, 2019.
5) Jinpeng Han, Likun Xiong, Xingyu Jiang, Xiaoyan Yuan*, Yong Zhao*, Dayong Yang*. Bio-functional electrospun nanomaterials: from topology design to biological applications. Progress in Polymer Science, 2019, 9, 1-28.
6) Ke Meng+, Chi Yao+, Qianmin Ma, Zhaohui Xue, Yaping Du, Wenguang Liu,
Dayong Yang*. A reversibly responsive fluorochromic hydrogel based on lanthanide-mannose complex. Advanced Science, 2019, 1802112.
7) Lu Yang+, Chi Yao+, Feng Li, Yuhang Dong, Zhikun Zhang, and Dayong Yang*. Synthesis of branched DNA scaffolded super-nanoclusters with enhanced antibacterial performance. Small, 2018, 14, 1800185.
8) Renkuan Liao, Peiling Yang, Wenyong Wu, Dan Luo*, Dayong Yang*. A DNA tracer system for hydrological environment investigations. Environmental Science & Technology, 2018, 52, 1695-1703.
9) Dayong Yang, Mark Hartman, Thomas Derrien, Shogo Hamada, Duo An, Kenneth Yancey, Ru Cheng, Dan Luo*, DNA materials: bridging nanotechnology and biotechnology. Accounts of Chemical Research, 2014, 47, 1902-1911.
10) Mark R. Hartman+, Dayong Yang+ (Co-first author), Thua N. N. Tran, Kwang Lee, Jason S. Kahn, Pichamon Kiatwuthinon, Kenneth G. Yancey, Oleksandr Trotsenko, Sergiy Minko, Dan Luo* Thermostable branched DNA nanostructures as modular primers for polymerase chain reaction, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2013, 52, 8699-8702.
11) Jong Bum Lee+, Songming Peng+, Dayong Yang, Young Hoon Roh, Hisakage Funabashi, Nokyoung Park, Edward J. Rice, Liwei Chen, Rong Long, Mingming Wu, Dan Luo*, A mechanical metamaterial made from a DNA hydrogel, Nature Nanotechnology, 2012, 7, 816-820.
12) Dayong Yang, Xin Niu, Xuan Gu, Yang Wang, Yingyi Liu, Xingyu Jiang*, Electrospun nanofibrous membrane: a novel solid substrate for microfluidic immunoassays for HIV, Advanced Materials, 2008, 20, 4770-4775.
13) Dayong Yang, Bo Lu, Yong Zhao, Xingyu Jiang*, Fabrication of aligned fibrous arrays by magnetic electrospinning, Advanced Materials, 2007, 19, 3702-3706.