Dayong Yang, Ph.D, Professor
Frontier Science Center for Synthetic Biology, Key Laboratory of Systems Bioengineering (MOE), School of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Tianjin University, Tianjin, 300350, P.R. China.
Lab website: http://yanglab-dna.com/
Dayong Yang is a Principal Investigator at Tianjin University. He received his BS and MS degrees with Professor Xiaolin Xie at Huazhong University of Science and Technology in 2002 and 2005, respectively. In 2008, he received PhD degree with Professor Xingyu Jiang at the National Center for Nanoscience and Technology. He did postdoctoral training at Cornell University in USA with Professor Dan Luo and Radboud University Nijmegen in Netherlands with Professor Wilhelm Huck. In 2015, he joined in the School of Chemical Engineering and Technology of Tianjin University as a full professor. The themes of his research include DNA-based materials, bio- functional polymers, cancer imaging, diagnostics and therapeutics, and synthetic biology.
Research Interests: 1) functional materials made from DNA; 2) bio/nano- systems for bio-imaging, diagnostics, therapeutics, food safety detection and environmental protection; 3) cell-free synthetic biology.
23) Feng Li+, Wenting Yu+, Jiaojiao Zhang, Yuhang Dong, Xiaohui Ding, Xinhua Ruan, Zi Gu, Dayong Yang*, Spatiotemporally programmable cascade hybridization of hairpin DNA in polymeric nanoframework for precise siRNA delivery. Nature Communications, 2021, 12, 1138.
22) Xiaocui Guo+, Feng Li+, Chunxia Liu, Yi Zhu, Nannan Xiao, Zi Gu, Dan Luo, Jianhui Jiang, Dayong Yang*, Construction of Organelle-like Architecture by Dynamic DNA Assembly in Living Cells. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2020, 59, 20651-20658.
21) Yuhang Dong+, Chi Yao+, Yi Zhu, Lu Yang, Dan Luo, and Dayong Yang*, DNA functional materials assembled from branched DNA: design, synthesis and applications. Chemical Reviews, 2020, 120, 9420-9481.
20) Dong Wang, Jinhui Cui, Mingzhe Gan, Zhaohui Xue, Jing Wang, Peifeng Liu, Yue Hu, Yehudah Pardo, Shogo Hamada, Dayong Yang*, Dan Luo*, Transformation of Biomass DNA into Biodegradable Materials from Gels to Plastics for Reducing Petrochemical Consumption. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2020, 142, 10114.
19) Jinpeng Han+, Yuchen Cui+, Xinpeng Han, Chenyu Liang, Wenguang Liu, Dan Luo, Dayong Yang*, Super-soft DNA/Dopamine-grafted-dextran Hydrogel as Dynamic Wire for Electric Circuits Switched by a Microbial Metabolism Process. Advanced Science, 2020, 7, 2000684.
18) Feng Li+, Shuai Li+, Xiaocui Guo, Yuhang Dong, Chi Yao, Yangping Liu, Yuguang Song, Xiaoli Tan, Lizeng Gao, Dayong Yang*, Chiral carbon dots mimicking topoisomerase I to enantioselectively mediate topological rearrangement of supercoiled DNA enantioselectively. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2020, 59, 2-8.
17) Chi Yao+, Han Tang+, Weijian Wu, Jianpu Tang, Weiwei Guo, Dan Luo, Dayong Yang*, Double Rolling Circle Amplification Generates Physically Crosslinked DNA Network for Stem Cell Fishing. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2020, 142, 3422-3429.
16) Huaixin Zhao+, Chunxia Liu+, Zi Gu, Luxi Dong, Feng Li, Chi Yao, Dayong Yang*, Persistent luminescent nanoparticles containing hydrogel for targeted, sustained and autofluorescence-free tumor metastasis imaging. Nano Letters,2020, 20, 252-260.
15) Jianpu Tang+, Chi Yao+, Zi Gu, Sunghwan Jung, Dan Luo, Dayong Yang*, Super-soft and Super-elastic DNA Robot with Magnetically-driven Navigational Locomotion for Cell Delivery in Confined Space. Angewandte Chemie International Edition,2020, 59, 2490-2495.
14) Feng Li+, Wenting Yu+, Xue Zhang, Xiaocui Guo, Xihan Xu, Xiaolei Sun, Dayong Yang*, Preparation of Biomimetic Gene Hydrogel via Polymerase Chain Reaction for Cell-Free Protein Expression. SCIENCE CHINA Chemistry, 2020, 63, 99–106.
13) Xiaocui Guo+, Feng Li+, Lihui Bai, Wenting Yu, Xue Zhang, Yi Zhu, Dayong Yang*, Gene Circuit Compartment on Nanointerface Facilitatating Cascade Gene Expression. Journal of the American Chemical Society,2019, 141, 19171-19177.
12) Feng Li+, Jianpu Tang+, Jinhui Geng, Dan Luo, Dayong Yang*, Polymeric DNA Hydrogel: Design, Synthesis and Applications. Progress in Polymer Science,2019, 98, 101163.
11) Huaixin Zhao+*, Gang Shu+, Jinye Zhu, Yanyan Fu, Zi Gu, Dayong Yang*, Persistent Luminescent Metal-Organic Frameworks with Long-Lasting Near Infrared Emission for Tumor Site Activated Imaging and Drug Delivery. Biomaterials, 2019, 217, 119332.
10) Ye Yuan, Zi Gu, Chi Yao, Dan Luo*, Dayong Yang*, Nucleic acid-based functional nanomaterials as advanced cancer therapeutics. Small, 2019, 15, 1900172.
9) Jinpeng Han, Likun Xiong, Xingyu Jiang, Xiaoyan Yuan*, Yong Zhao*, Dayong Yang*, Bio-functional electrospun nanomaterials: from topology design to biological applications. Progress in Polymer Science, 2019, 91, 1-28.
8) Ke Meng+, Chi Yao+, Qianmin Ma, Zhaohui Xue, Yaping Du, Wenguang Liu, Dayong Yang*, A reversibly responsive fluorochromic hydrogel based on lanthanide-mannose complex. Advanced Science, 2019, 6, 1802112.
7) Lu Yang+, Chi Yao+, Feng Li, Yuhang Dong, Zhikun Zhang, and Dayong Yang*. Synthesis of branched DNA scaffolded super-nanoclusters with enhanced antibacterial performance. Small, 2018, 14, 1800185.
6) Renkuan Liao, Peiling Yang, Wenyong Wu, Dan Luo*, Dayong Yang*. A DNA tracer system for hydrological environment investigations. Environmental Science & Technology, 2018, 52, 1695-1703.
5) Dayong Yang, Mark Hartman, Thomas Derrien, Shogo Hamada, Duo An, Kenneth Yancey, Ru Cheng, Dan Luo*, DNA materials: bridging nanotechnology and biotechnology. Accounts of Chemical Research, 2014, 47, 1902-1911.
4) Mark R. Hartman+, Dayong Yang+, Thua N. N. Tran, Kwang Lee, Jason S. Kahn, Pichamon Kiatwuthinon, Kenneth G. Yancey, Oleksandr Trotsenko, Sergiy Minko, Dan Luo* Thermostable branched DNA nanostructures as modular primers for polymerase chain reaction, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2013, 52, 8699-8702.
3) Jong Bum Lee+, Songming Peng+, Dayong Yang, Young Hoon Roh, Hisakage Funabashi, Nokyoung Park, Edward J. Rice, Liwei Chen, Rong Long, Mingming Wu, Dan Luo*, A mechanical metamaterial made from a DNA hydrogel, Nature Nanotechnology, 2012, 7, 816-820.
2) Dayong Yang, Xin Niu, Xuan Gu, Yang Wang, Yingyi Liu, Xingyu Jiang*, Electrospun nanofibrous membrane: a novel solid substrate for microfluidic immunoassays for HIV, Advanced Materials, 2008, 20, 4770-4775.
1) Dayong Yang, Bo Lu, Yong Zhao, Xingyu Jiang*, Fabrication of aligned fibrous arrays by magnetic electrospinning, Advanced Materials, 2007, 19, 3702-3706.